Now days, hosting a game server is really frustrating. Starting with the complexity of setting up a server itself, configurations, updates, patches and further more with ddos attacks and server lags.
From the moment we decide to create our own (in this case Arma 3) server we come across 2 options:
- Dedicated server hosting
- Shared server hosting
A dedicated server, is usually powerful and reliable. Is a server that you have the 100% of its resources at your hands and you are the only owner. At the same time, unfortunately is very costly, time consuming and way more complicated to set it up, configure it and keep it safe.
A shared server has many owners. That means when you take a server with 2GB Ram, that 2GB Ram will be shared among all the owners. Games like Minecraft require are RAM based servers, but that is not the case with Arma 3 and that is what makes shared servers number one choice for the majority of us. Also, you do not have to worry about ddos attacks since many hosts offer the service for free.
Picking the right host is another story. Right now, in 2018 there are at least 25 Arma 3 hosts and each of them has its pros and cons. That’s why I created this guide with a comparison table to help you choose the host that is better for you.
Here are a few things to consider before buying or renting an Arma 3 server.
- You take what you pay for. Cheap hosts offer cheap services.
- Server location is important! If you live in UK, rent a server in UK and not in Australia.
- DDOS protection is important but not a must. Is very unlikely in games like Arma 3 to have that kind of attacks.
- Slot capacity. No reason to pay for 100 slots if your community has less than 20 users. Less slots equals less players to join but it will reduce the price drastically.
- Mod installer. Most hosts offer one click mod install. Very practical and easy to use.
What mods can I install to my server?
Most of the hosts that are listed to our website, offering the following mods:
City Life RPG
PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battle Royale
THE UNSUNG VIETNAM WAR MOD
RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (A3)
CSA38 mod – Czechoslovak army 1938 (Munich crisis)
Hell in the Pacific
Invasion 1944 v3
Star Trek: Road to the Stars
Whole Lotta Altis
ČSLA Mod for Arma 3
General Equipment Addon Release (GEAR)
The Uprising ARMA 3
=ARC= Mods (Units & Vehicles)
Serbian Armed Forces (SAF) ArmA3
Blood Trench 1914-1918
ArmA 3 Gang Life
Whole Lotta Stratis
Faces of War: The 2nd World War
iBuild – Modular Construction Mod
Get Wrecked [Vehicle Combat Sandbox]